About Us Adult Sewing Classes
This course is designed for the adult who always wanted to sew. We will cover topics such as:
- Getting acquainted with your machine.
- Introduction to tools, and notions.
- Introduction to mastering seams, such as how to Sew Straight Seam, French Seam, and Overcast Stitch
- We will also learn Basting Stitch, and how to make Ruffles.
- We will touch a bit of Alteration with learning to do a blind hem.
- Also, we will learn how to do one kind of Zipper application and Buttonhole.
- Introduction to reading instruction and patterns and so much more.
- To conclude the course we will incorporate all these elements into a sewing project.
- Techniques and tips.
For the Adult class, I ask you to be 17 or older, classes are 2 hours long weekly for six weeks meeting once a week. Classes are hand on base, Students are encouraged to have their own sewing
machine but not required (machine are available on request). If you are thinking of buying a sewing machine before class please wait until the first class. I will let you know which machines are worth buying and which ones are not. Supplies are not included in the class fee, I do have kits available for a discount price of 49.95, again students are welcome to purchase, at locate fabric store also. A supply list will be given out the first day. What to bring the first day your SEWING MACHINE and THREAD ( if you don’t have a sewing machine I have two students are welcome to use) If you’re looking to buy one please wait till after the first class I will talk about which one are good and which ones are a waste of your money.